Spring In SE Kansas

 



Spring finally made it!  Praise the Lord!!  Winter feels so long, so cold, so dreary, it's like the season will never end.  

But it did!  WOOHOOO!!

The early spring bulbs are popping up and lots of pretty greenery shows through.  Soon sweet yellow daffodils will bloom, along side tulips and other pretty flowers.  Greenery from lilies and other bulbs are popping up through the cold ground, just waiting for warmer weather to show their colors.  

We are in a new house this season, after moving here in October of last year.  It's like a blank slate outside, with lots of room for a garden and flowers.  I've started hauling dirt for a raised garden in the adjoining lot that is part of our lease.  The landlord owns our current house and our former house, so he is allowing me to take flowers from our old house to this one.  I'm excited!  I didn't have much time to move my flowers with us when we moved due to working full time and moving and so on.  I left roses, a hydrangea, lilies, and so on, so I'm looking forward to bringing them home.  In the meantime, we're working and cleaning out the ditches full of leaves to use as compost and making the yard look a little cleaner. 

I'm still sewing, making culottes, aprons, and dresses.  My site at http://www.alabasterboxattire.com has many culottes and some of my scrub hats.  The rest are on Etsy at the links at the top of the page.  Right now I'm working on aprons for the part time work I'm taking on the first of the month in a kitchen at a local assisted living facility.  I love cooking, so this should be a good fit. :)

In the meantime, I have purchased patterns for headcoverings and other items for conservative women and girls, and trying them out for potential use in the shop.  And, since I'm a one woman operation, it's sometimes pretty slow going.  

What are you doing as the weather warms and the season changes?  I'd love to hear from you!

 

Comments