New Adventures Ahead!

 


This week starts a new adventure for our family.  I start working outside the home again after many years at home.  I'll still be sewing and adding to my store and Etsy shops, just will be busier than before.

These last 19 years I've been in the special needs world, and before that worked in group homes as well with special needs adults.  I've spent most of my adult life caring for special needs in one form or another.  The last 19 years have been with children as they went from infancy to adulthood.  I've learned how to navigate different agency systems, court systems, how to homeschool in a pinch, handle doctor visits, behaviors, and so so much more.  And, now that the kids are growing up, it's time for Mom to return to the outside working world.  

My new job: working in a home with special needs adults.   Surprised?? 

I'm busy making some new dresses and aprons for myself as I prepare for the new position.  Throughout the past months of the tax returns and stimulus incomes I've stashed away yardages of fabric to make new clothing for myself.  The patterns I'm using are from Common Sense Patterns.  The apron pattern I found as a free tutorial, and possibly one from Candle on the Hill's Amish Canning Apron.  I will be cooking and helping with bathing and personal care, so why not use something to help keep clothing clean and hopefully not soaked.  Then there's contoured kerchiefs to wear to keep hair out of food.  I've definitely got some sewing to get done!

In the meantime I did add some more culottes to the Etsy shop and my store.  These are in reds, and also have some more to get photographed and listed.  

After the dresses and aprons are finished, I have out bins of little girls' knot dresses and a tote of scrub hats.  I truly want to get my store and Etsy shops full, as if it's not there it can't sell, right?

I hope you have a great week!  I'll check back in later.  And I'll be praying for you!

~~~Angie

Comments