Is It Summer Already?

 



It is now summer--where did the time go???  We went from having the heat on to a week of open windows and then BOOM--air conditioning!  

I've been busy learning my job on the weekends (Fridays through Sundays), and spending quality time with the sewing machines as well.  I don't get to church on Sunday mornings anymore due to working, but I do get there Wednesdays, until I am able to get shifts that allow for Sundays off.   I'm still behind on my culottes to add to the shop, by at least 20.  But, I did make a new dress for myself, a pretty cape dress of butterflies and cabbage roses.  



These dresses are so comfortable, and they cover well.  The mannequin is a size small, and can even hold teen girls' clothing.  I am a queen sized girl.   I love this kind of dress, with the pattern from Candle on the Hill .  

For the moment, I've paused making scrub hats for one of my Etsy shops.  I have a few hundred cut--don't get me wrong--but for camp season the demand is for skirts and split skirts.  I'll get back to making scrub hats, and even try out a couple of new scrub top patterns, and add them to my stand along store at www.alabasterboxattire.com, most likely around August or September.    

While working on sewing, I've been listening to The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace, on the Scribd site.  It's like Audible only much cheaper.  With it you get tons of regular and audio books, docs, magazines, and add on subscriptions to Curiosity Stream and Pandora (no ads)...for $9.99 a month.  I've been enjoying listening to The Excellent Wife, and mercy it's been convicting.  It is a great book, and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants a biblical insight into what a wife is to be in a Christian marriage.  I had my toes stepped on within the first few minutes of the book.  There are many great books on Scribd that I'm sure you'd love!  If you enjoy Kindle and Audible, you'd definitely enjoy Scribd.

Well, I need to get back to the machines, I have a dress on the old Singer that needs finishing up.  I thought I'd pop in and say hi and see how ya'll are doing.  :)  

I hope you have a great week!!


Angie



Comments